
Miracles DO NOT cease to exist!! Yes, Jackson ate this completely voluntarily and consumed solely by HIM! If you are reading this and wondering what the big deal is, you don't know Jackson very well. The kid just doesn't eat (well, it's rare and very choosy about WHAT). His food are basically limited (by him) to mac and cheese, cereal (frosted mini wheats, kix, cheerios, life), and anything you would normally put syrup on (pancakes, french toast, crepes, waffles). He LOVES fruit smoothies and will usually eat yogurt (finishes it straight out of the cup/container) and often grapes. Otherwise, he's perfectly content with milk, though he'll gladly accept apple juice when I offer it. We have struggled with his appetite for almost a year and a half now (since he was teething very badly and didn't want to eat many solids).

Lately, he's been voluntarily (asking) to get up to the dinner table with us (I always set a place for him, but sometimes a struggle to get him to stay) and then actually ASKING to try the food that is on the table. He has at least tried SO MANY foods over the past week, though decided he didn't like many of them. Baby steps, though, right? Tonight, he asked for his own corn. He loves the little pokers (what are those called?), but that doesn't seem motivation enough for him to actually eat something that's good for him. I just can't figure it out. Poor Parker gave up his "ear", assuming that Jackson would maybe take a few nibbles and decide he didn't want it... as you can see, Parker didn't get any corn tonight. I'm going to buy more tomorrow! If I can get him to eat an actual vegetable (Parker says it's a fruit because it's the reproductive part of the plant... whatever), on a daily basis, I'm a happy Mom!

He also has enchilada sauce on his face and arms. At least he tried it! Hopefully, this is a sign that we're moving in the right direction. I'm hoping we can turn him around to liking more foods before Kate catches on to this... she is a crazy eater (eats literally ANYTHING--whether it's meant to be consumed or not) and we like it that way! Good job, Jackson!! And thank you corn farmers!! Now we just have to get the greenies to lay off our corn supply for other uses... it's better eaten! ;-)
3 comments:
Poor Parker!
Way to go Jackson! You should have given Kate some corn, I bet she would have had that thing gone before any of you could blink! :)
Yay for Jackson! I think Parker will live with not having corn for one night :) And of course he would think it is a fruit! I think it is a veggie (: I am thinking about doing swim lessons with Greg next summer, glad that Jackson seems to like it so far. The picture of Kate with dirt all over her face is priceless. Love it. How are things going with Duke?
Post a Comment