



Kate had a well child check-up today. She is a BIG girl! She even caused the nurses to do some extra work today and surprised everyone with her height/length.
Kate weighs 22 pounds, putting her in the 95th percentile for weight.She is 30 3/4 inches long, putting her well above the 100th percentile for height/length. They had a 2nd nurse come in to measure her because of her "abnormal height measurement" as the nurse called it. Sure enough, she really is above the 100th percentile. I think the nurses were a little concerned because I was the one representing the kids' gene pool and very obviously, I am NOT tall. After seeing the confused look on their faces, I explained that their Dad is 6'4" and they have both been "tall" from day 1.
I just love Kate's big blue eyes... they've melted the heart of many people... random people... everywhere we go, people stop me and compliment my kids' beautiful eyes. It's pretty flattering. I think they're beautiful, but I'm the Mom... I'm totally biased. When other people confirm my opinion, it really makes me feel good!
Loving Jackson's Mr. Puppy
Miss Beethoven
playing the piano... she's putting those long fingers of hers to work! Good girl!
She really should be walking, but she doesn't have the confidence to take steps on her own. She walks around everywhere holding onto the furniture, toys, etc.
Yep, eating the dog's food... I'm beginning to think that her taste buds just don't work; she eats EVERYTHING!
No kidding, most recently: dirt (by the fist-fulls), grass, flies, garbanzo beans, plain tomatoes, shredded cheese, plain lettuce, bread, cheerios, paper, grout, morter, puppy chow, plain-uncooked mushrooms, bell peppers... the list goes on. If she can get it in her mouth, she thinks it's edible.
Yum!
So gross! (Note: after the pictures, I did scoop the food out of her mouth and remove her from the dog's food.)
silly boy
watching Thomas the Train... Thanks, Grandma for thinking of Jackson & his love of trains (and any automobile/transportation vehicle)
I went to check on Jackson and this is what I found... at least Duke isn't on the bed!
I asked the doctor if he wouldn't mind weighing and measuring Jackson too, since he won't need a well child check for a while and I wanted to make sure his weight was still healthy (since the boy rarely eats). I shouldn't have worried! Apparently you can thrive on just milk!At 2-1/2 years old, Jackson weighs 32 pounds, putting him in the 90th percentile for weight.
He is 3 feet, 2 inches tall, putting him in the 95th percentile for height.
So, we still have "tall" kids. Parker's prediction may be on target; he thinks Kate will be taller than Jackson. I don't know about that; at least not long-term. However, since they are only 19 months apart in age, I think there will be an overlap during puberty, when Kate hits her growth spurt earlier than her brother (since girls tend to mature earlier than boys). We'll see what happens. Still, Jackson is NOT short as his Dad sometimes accuses him.







1 comment:
I love love love the pictures!
Post a Comment