Monday, June 15, 2009

afternoon at the park

I'm not sure what to do about my "absolutely NO animals on the furniture" rule. Jackson keeps putting Duke on the couch, chair, pillow, blanket, bed, etc with him. He thinks that the dog needs to be with him at all times. I keep explaining that dogs do not belong on the couch, etc, but he just doesn't get it. Jackson can't understand why the dog can't be with him, even on the couch.



I think Jackson may think this puppy is just like his little stuffed animals... he's been pretty gentle so far, but every once in a while we have to remind him.

Jackson thinks if he has a pillow and blanket, the puppy needs one too.
The kids may be enjoying the chew toys more than the dog
I think Parker is the only one in the house not teething right now (Kate's working on her 2nd bottom tooth, Jackson's 2-year old molars are almost completely in, my wisdom teeth are still working their way up and the puppy will obviously be teething for a while... lucky Parker!)

Then I see them all snuggly together and it's tough to remove him and make Jackson sad.


Duke's a good sport with the kids, though they are very gentle with him. Jackson is using his back as a road for his truck.
"Big slide" We went to the park today in downtown Payette... it's like 10 blocks from our house. Jackson gets so excited every time we pass it, but I have been so overwhelmed with the laundry list of things to get done at home that I haven't taken the time to stop. Today we took a break and went to the park. Jackson is still talking about it... "member that Mom? member slides, swings, really big, huge slide, member Mom? really fun, huh Mom?"
For being a town with only 7,000 people, it's not a bad little park. Jackson was completely satisfied!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Swinging is so much fuN!

Kate hung out in the stroller for a few minutes. Then we got her out to swing too. She loved it!
Duke mostly sat in the grass and watched. There was a no animals allowed sign, so I parked away from the sign and decided to play naive if anyone approached me about the puppy.

what a silly girl! look at that facial expression
poor Jackson... I made him move to the baby swings so that he and Kate could be next to each other (and I could keep an eye on both at the same time) he didn't seem to be too bothered by it though
Jackson & Kate
There's a bigger smile... she really did like the swings. I tried to get her out at one point because she looked a little scared, but she wouldn't let me pick her up.
Weeee!

1 comment:

"MAMMA" Breshears said...

SOOOOOO cutE! They are so sweet with that little puppy! Jackson will be a puppy lover like you and "the puppy caregiver" like Parker...he'll be perfect for him...Duke really is "Lucky Duke"!