
Maddie & Jackson getting nice & clean after a long day of getting dirty




I guess Parker just didn't think I had enough to keep me busy (going a little crazy actually, at this point). We just recently decided (though I'm thinking this must have been a one-sided decision) that we would talk about getting another dog when Jackson was old enough to help a little with it... like feeding it, cleaning up poop in the yard, etc. I was thinking 7 or 8 years old sounded good. By then, we will have moved and be a little more permanently settled. However, as I said, I must have come to this conclusion all by myself and not realized that Parker was not on the same page as I was. His friend's dog recently had pups and decided that Parker needed a graduation present. The timing worked out so well, we now have ourselves a 6-week old border collie. I asked Jackson what he thought his name should be and without so much as a pause he said enthusiastically, "Duke puppy!" Okay, kind of weird, since we just had a "Duke". I think he looks like a "Lucky" and he's dang lucky that I allowed him to come live with us at this point in our lives because life is still pretty chaotic around here. Still have half-finished bathrooms, paint, tile & NO fence in the front yard. In addition, I have 2 very active kids and we are trying desperately to stay sane each day in our messy house. Well, Lucky Duke is here to stay, I guess because the rest of the family is already in love with him. Poor dog can't sleep for too long while Jackson's around because he picks the dog up and carries him to wherever he may be playing or sitting. He uses the dog as a pillow and as a playmate. I'm pretty sure Lucky Duke is afraid of the 10-month old monster (aka Kate) because she's a little loud when she speed crawls towards him--she just gets so excited to see him! Anyway, he's just a little fur ball right now. I'm sure he'll be a good dog... I just thought that I was done potty training for a while. (though the dog has yet to mess in the house. He whines at the door when he needs to go outside... lucky for him, he's a natural)

Maddie needs a puppy too, Mike! You could get a girl and name her princess... it's perfect!

See, even Chloe loves the puppy!

Yum, that ear tastes so yummy
No comments:
Post a Comment