Saturday, June 27, 2009

Looking less like a baby everyday!

Our adorable, chunky little Baby Kate is looking more grown up everyday! She is so sturdy now. She could totally walk on her own, but the little stinker is just too stubborn (I actually just think she lacks the confidence). Anyway, she is a little doll and we just love her. She and Jackson have such a fun relationship... I hope it lasts through their teen years and she doesn't pester him too badly. Right now it is a blast to just sit and play with them and see how they interact with each other.
I remember feeling great about having them so close together in age (19 months) until about 6 weeks before Kate was born. I worried about not giving Jackson the attention he was used to, etc, etc, etc. Anyone reading this who may worry... don't. They are the best of friends now and I couldn't imagine it any other way. Little kids adjust SO quickly. Parker and I try to give both kids plenty of one-on-one time and acknowledge the good things that they do, so I'm sure that has helped. However, Jackson doesn't even remember life before Kate. He's not traumatized or bitter about her taking attention from him. They have so much fun being together and making each other laugh. We couldn't imagine life without our little munchkins. (Doesn't the 24-mos. outfit look cute, Grandma? A little crazy that it fits her already! What a chunk!)

2 comments:

Kari Cheney said...

i dont know if you've seen on our blog, but we are pregnant and our two kiddos will be 19 months apart, so reading this makes me feel a whole lot better about it, cuz i am definitely nervous about having them so close together and i feel bad for my first baby that she won;t have enough attention. So thank you for giving me hope :)

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I still am a little worried having my 3rd, and the last 2 only being 17 months apart. Especially having girls...

Kate is so cute, by the way! I can't believe she's not walking yet, I'm sure one day (soon) she'll just take off! :)