Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fun on the 4th!

Parker and Jackson during our yard sale... which was a HUGE success, by the way! Holy smokes! I didn't know a person could accumulate so much money just by having a yard sale in a tiny town in southwest Idaho.
Jackson totally got into this water slide! We had so much fun on the 4th. The parents of an old friend are now our neighbors and they invited us to come to their family party. We had a blast!
Huge splash at the bottom! Jackson started getting a running start to get more speed... he was surprisingly a little daredevil.
This is Alan, the nephew of our friend (he's named after his grandpa, who is our neighbor now)
Jackson had so much fun playing with Annie & Alan, both 3 years old and just his size & speed.


Playing with "firecrackers" (aka Pop Its)




Annie, Alan, Jackson
Teeter-totter... so fun!
taking turns
[Jackson & Daddy] Jackson loved the cupcakes (big surprise). half had pink frosting and half had brown. after he finished his first cupcake (with brown frosting), he thought he needed to try a pink one. messy kid!
Listening to our friend Nick and his dad, Alan serenade us with their guitars
gross! pink frosting all over
sparklers... so fun!
Jackson loved the sparklers. It's a good thing we were at someone else's house because I'm pretty sure I may not have been brave enough to let him try these this year. Luckily, he didn't get burned once! Woo-hoo!
Totally mesmerized!

Happy 4th of July!!

1 comment:

Kylee said...

I am glad that you guys had a fun 4th of July weekend! I wasn't brave enough to buy sparklers or pop its for Greg this year. I think next year we will try them because he will be a little bit older by then.
The kids are cute and getting bigger every time you post new pictures! Miss and love you guys!