Sunday, July 19, 2009

Some pictures (not so great) of our project

Jackson's room... still has the queen mattress (aka guest bed) in the middle of the room from our overnight visit from Auntie Karol and cousins Alex, Sydnee & Bo, still working on organizing the shelves and getting closet doors on. I'm debating whether or not to put them on. I've gotten used to them off; I think it makes the room feel more open and we don't stand the chance of getting fingers in the doors.
Obviously, still waiting on curtains and I did NOT pick up before these pictures, so this is what our house looks like on Sunday afternoon when we're focused on specific projects and the kids have been playing in every room.
The kids sure have fun in here though!
Looking into Jackson's room (I think these showed up backwards from how I uploaded them)
We are SO happy to finally have clean and uncluttered bathrooms.
Sorry the pictures are blurry. I was in a hurry and didn't realize I had the "manual" setting on my focus, but I'm too tired to re-do them. You get the idea.
This room still has a little work, but you can see the basic gist.
I know the gate is attractive, but it keeps Kate out of trouble (i.e. eating grout, mortar, dog food, playing in Duke's water, etc.)
Again, still have some work/organizing to do, but we are making progress & that is what is important!
I still haven't figured out how to keep Kate from emptying the bookshelf... she is FAST!
Our bathroom! Yay! This was my project today. It doesn't have anymore painter's tape (huge hurray!) and the counter is empty and clean and the boxes are gone and the closet & drawers are organized and, and.... well, it's pretty awesome!
Our messy bed, looking into the bathroom... random picture, but not really because we've never had a master bathroom before. It's pretty cool! We're like real adult parents now.
I know this is messy... not usually this way, but Parker was re-arranging some things in here, so just look past the clutter to see that we FINALLY got pictures up/around. Parker is on Cloud 9; pictures are always the first thing he wants to put out. I made him wait this time so that our house wasn't hodge podge, like it always has been.
We have never purchased curtains or matching decor for our house of any kind, so this is completely new (and expensive, at least to what we're used to). It's slow coming because of the money factor and time/energy factor, but coming. The desk on the left is going to be my craft desk... hopefully, I can get my sewing machine tuned soon so that I can actually start using it. I'm not holding my breath... my to-do list is still pretty long and we are living everyday life along with these seemingly endless projects. I just LOVE knowing that I have everyday to spend with my kids and husband without stressing about homework or tests or creating lesson plans. Hooray for being completely done with school!!!!! This is the best season of my life so far!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love all the pictures and curtains too! Looking good! And let me know when you figure out the secret to the bookshelf. The girls, yes, both of them, but mostly Chloe at this point, constantly pull all the books of the bookshelf in their room. Then they like to scatter them around the room so you get to walk on books to even get in the room. It's pretty much a joke! See you in a couple days! :)

Arya said...

your home looks great! Isn't it awesome to be all done with school so you can do the things you want to do. can't wait to hook up with you and have some fun. It was great seeing you at wally world.

Sarah Pugmire said...

It's so fun to finally see projects getting done, and really feel like your seeing your house transform into what you want it to be! Its looking awesome! I love the red bookshelf in Jackson's room!

Kylee said...

Love what you are doing with your house. I think that it looks so cute and I think that a house is always a work and progress :) The kids are super cute in all the pictures. I would love to come and see you guys. I go into mediation with Matt this week, so after that I will have a better idea of what I can work out. Love you!

Carrie said...

Thanks for doing the pictures!!!! I just love everything and can't believe how much you have done in 2 weeks. I love everything. Have fun! Love you

"MAMMA" Breshears said...

It all looks so great! You guys have done so much work! As far as Kate and the Bookshelves...well, I finally had to keep the lower two shelves empty....good luck with that! Can't wai tto see it in person in 2 days!

Tiffany said...

OK, I'm waiting to see pictures from the family reunion so I can steal them to put on my blog! Especially the big family picture we took at the temple! I seriously took like 5 pictures the whole time and it was of the kids riding rides at Lagoon... no joke!!! HELP!!!! :)