Saturday, July 25, 2009

DAY 3: Bromley Family Reunion 2009

I was SO happy when Jackson FINALLY fell asleep at Lagoon (an amusement/water park, north of Salt Lake City) because he was exhausted! Kate was already sleeping and this meant that Parker could go on some rides with "the big kids" while I "manned the station". It was hot, but we had a good spot with some shade. The lazy river was a blast. I think our little family would have been content going around and around on the tubes on the lazy river all day. Jackson got to try out some of the water slides in the kid area, which he loved. Parker and Jackson spent a lot of time over there, while I hung out with Kate during her naps. Later in the day we headed over to the amusement park part of the place. Jackson and Maddie went on some of the kid rides. Jackson has never been on a ride at all. The closest thing would be the toys at the playground or a backyard trampoline. I was a little uneasy when he wanted to follow Maddie onto the big pirate ship ride. Yes, this is a big person ride. He just BARELY hit the height requirement to go on and had to be accompanied by an adult (me). It definitely makes your stomach do somersaults. He was so white in the face, I thought he was going to lose it a couple of times, but he stayed strong. When the ride was over, he said, "that really fun Mommy. I want to go on the airplane ride now". you know, those little kid airplanes that have a lever to push or pull to make the plane go up or down. It was a little more his speed. (I think the people who were facing us were grateful he didn't throw up!)
I didn't get any pictures of the kids on the rides. I'll have to steal those from my Mom at some point. However, I did get some pictures of Alex (a cousin) and Mike (my brother-in-law) going on one of those bungee things.

Jackson could have watched this thing go off over and over again. I hope he doesn't grow up to be a dare devil. I don't think I could handle it!

No comments: