
Most of these are just the kids running around. We were trying to figure out how to "control" my camera. I have been SO frustrated not knowing how to unleash its capabilities... with the help of Arya's expertise and a lot of practice, I will soon be able to take "professional quality" pictures of my own kids. (Which is good, because poor Kate has never had a professional picture taken and she's a week away from her 1st birthday!)

Jackson in the window

Ruth (Arya's daughter) in the window

Jackson again... he likes to watch the squirrels run around outside.

I only put this on here because I'm sure it's the only time in my life I have looked like an angel... with the light coming through? Maybe not; anyway... I thought it was funny.

Ruth and Jackson chasing each other

Ruth and Jackson developed an immediate love/hate relationship... the kind you have with your cousins when you're little. Definitely a good mix of bugging each other and loving each other.

We REALLY need to get a trampoline!

Cute candid of Jackson, but not great quality.

good candid, better quality

Ruth was so cute; she asked if she could hold Kate... all the while Kate is standing there in front of her (they aren't dramatically different in size). I tried not to laugh, but said sure if she'll let you. Ruth was able to get her just a few inches off of the ground. Eventually, Arya picked her up and Ruth jumped up on her lap too. Ruth was content just being able to sit next to her and hug her and I think Kate was a little more comfortable with this scenario too! ;-)



Ruth has two big brothers, so I think she especially liked the idea of a baby GIRL to play with.


So cute!

Arya, thank you a million times over for being so patient and taking the time to come to my house (sometimes a little crazy) and give me some pointers in using my camera. You're the best!

After she left, I tried to practice a little. Some are better than others. Jackson was taking a much needed nap (I let him stay up to play with Ruth, so he was quite tired by the time they left), so I just followed Kate around with the camera while she played.

Just love those eyes!

Silly girl

The quality is getting a little better. I still have a LONG way to go!




"Baby" Kate is getting SO big! I know I keep saying that on different posts, but she is almost ONE!!! Where does the time go?



She's making that funny noise with her lips here... kind of rolling her lips... like what horses do... I don't know how to describe that. Anyway, that's what she is doing.


Serious business of thinking about which toy to play with next

Hmm, maybe this blue car


Isn't she the most beautiful little girl? I think so!

Eating my lens cap... she thinks everything is etible. Not kidding. Yesterday, I caught her bent over in the kitchen on all fours, licking the grout between the tiles. Gross. I have serious doubts about whether or not her taste buds work!


Cars taste good too

I think these pictures would make a good story board... love the expressions. Once I get a handle on my camera, I will probably have to break down and buy photoshop or something so that I can do fun things with my pictures and not feel so bad about not taking my kids to get professionals done.

We just love our baby Kate!
2 comments:
CUTE baby Kate! Nice job on bringing ouyt her Gigantic BLUE eyes!
I was talking to Caralyn at the family reunion about cameras. She's taught herself photography, and she's pretty darn good. I asked her about Photoshop, and she said that she researched it and tried them out, and decided to go with Photoshop Elements (the pared down version of Photoshop) - it's under $100 (much better than photoshop!), and it has all she'll ever need plus more than she'll ever be able to learn/effectively use. Plus, a lot of the actions for Photoshop published online (for example, thepioneerwoman.com/photography has a couple sets of free actions - in fact, the photography section on her site has lots of tutorials on everything you could want to know about photography. You should check it out) work just as well in Elements as they do in Photoshop. Just thought I'd pass on what I heard from Caralyn. Great shots!
Post a Comment