Thursday, August 27, 2009

To my Best Friend: Happy Anniversary!

What a perfect beginning to a perfect love story!
Looking back... we agree hands down have the best 4 years of our lives, but we're sure the best is yet to come. We love being together, we love our little family, we love the memories and traditions we've made together and the little bumps along the way that we have survived (we really haven't had much to complain about).
This picture reminds me of just how much taller 12 inches really is!
Parker is so funny... I remember he kept sticking is big foot out (this picture is a perfect example). I think he was afraid of stepping on my dress, so this foot was balancing him or something.
I look at these pictures and realize how much we've grown in so many ways (actually, I've downsized by 2 sizes... thanks to Jackson... who knew having babies would allow you to get more in shape?)
such a happy day. our faces definitely hurt by the time we left the temple... that's a lot of smiling! I made a lot of goofy facial expressions (most of which were conveniently left off of this post).
The amazing thing is (and you can call me cheesy if you want to) we have talked about it and both of us feel like we are even more in love now than we were on our wedding day. I love that about our relationship! It just keeps getting better! (and we were pretty in love on this day!)
(just so you know, Parker got me first... I was surprisingly polite)
Sealed for eternity!
My growing up family
His growing up family
Little Christian... he was only 5 (I'm pretty sure he was bribed to take pictures this day... it was long for all of us; imagine having to smile and be happy that long as a 5 year old!)
Sisters...
I just loved the gerbera daisies... pretty colors!
Brothers...
the boys' flowers/colors coordinated with the girls'. so cute!
These were the married couples/siblings at the time. I'm pretty sure my mom was ready for a break after 3 weddings in 10 months!
I love you, Parker. I can't imagine my life without you. You make me want to be a better person. You motivate me, encourage me, and make me laugh everyday. You have helped me to let go of the little things, not to stress over things that are out of my control (I can even eat Mike & Ikes without matching colors now). You are my example in so many ways. Thank you for being the greatest husband and companion I could ever hope for; and for being an equally incredible father. The kids and I are so blessed to have you! Thank you, thank you, thank you for being my best friend for all eternity!

No comments: