{playing with the camera again... +/- 125... FYI}

I'm sure parents who don't have kids who are in the "growing like a weed" stages anymore get tired of me/those of us who do say "my child is growing up SO quickly". Well, I still do. The things Jackson says lately and some of his "big boy" facial expressions make me want to rewind a few months and then make him stay that little forever (as long as it's after potty-training... don't want to do that week over).

He is such a smart cookie, but luckily has his Daddy's soft heart! That's his saving grace most of the time. Jackson has just recently moved into that lovely stage of questioning and sometimes his ears don't work when I ask him to do (or not to do) something. Strange! Dr. says his ears are fine, but truly! Sometimes, they just stop working! ;-)

This is a perfect picture of Kate... tells so much! She is on the go CONSTANTLY! She is busy, busy, busy and oh, so curious. EVERYTHING goes into her mouth and if it can be swallowed, it is. She loves to follow Jackson around and to tease him. It's amazing how quickly younger siblings learn the art of bugging, chasing, teasing, etc.

In spite of her busy nature, we just love this little girl and think she is a doll.

Kate can keep up with Jackson no problem, but she is definitely a little GIRL! (Yes, I'm still nervous for those teenage years!)

L-O-N-G!! Kate is one long little girl. She continues to be in the 100th percentile for height (at 9 months, she was way off the charts and they insisted upon re-measuring), but is dropping percentage-wise in weight (she is now in the 75th; at 9 mos, she was in the 90-95th). I guess all that moving around is thinning her out. We are certain she inherited these genes from her Dad because I have nothing to offer in the height department.

These beautiful (and BIG) blue eyes melt our hearts (she's lucky, because she is already starting to tease Mom and Dad)... plus, every time we're in public or at church, etc, people stop us and compliment the kids. When it comes to eyes, I think all of our kids will have a win-win option... (is that bragging? well, I'm allowed my opinion on my own blog, right?)

This is the "camera" that Grandma sent to Jackson. He LOVES it! He really thinks he's taking pictures; pretty funny. He has been following me around trying to take pictures with my camera (which is a little costly to allow a 2 year old free reigns of). Grandma caught word and sent this... PERFECT! This is him "taking a picture of Mommy".

He's telling me something here, but I don't recall what. I'm sure it was something REALLY serious or REALLY silly.




I just love all of his little facial expressions. Right now, this seems like a lot of similar pictures, but I have been looking back at his baby pictures and enjoying being able to remember/see all of his facial expressions and mannerisms.


Jackson really is a sweet boy. Like all 2-year olds (I suppose) he tests our patience at times, but for the most part, he really tries to be a good boy. He might look like his Mommy, but I have a feeling he's going to be just like Daddy, personality-wise.

Kate's obsession lately = books. She is getting more and more gentle with them, so that makes my life a little easier. Kate will sit for 20 minutes just turning pages in book after book. Pretty amazing for such a busy girl. I hope this is a sign that she will continue to love books in the future.

I know this seems random, but I am still trying to work with my camera (it's going to be a while, so I'm sure there will be quite a few more "picture overload" posts). We picked this little toy up for $1... both kids play with it... good buy!

My visiting teachers came over during the late morning and I was planning to let Jackson stay up while they were visiting, then he could take his nap after they left. I knew he had gone into his bedroom, but it was very quiet. After they left, I peeked in at him and sure enough, he had completely tucked himself in and gone to sleep.

Such a good little boy! (who will be without his paci by the time he's 3... I promise!)

Arya actually took this picture (and the next one) while she was teaching me some more about my camera. She is such a great friend (and a great photographer).


Obviously Arya took these too... I'm in this one (kind of). Kate had just woken up... little rosy cheeks.


This was after dinner... can you tell? Straight to the bath tub for Kate. That's the routine lately with her... after almost every meal. But at least she eats anything we put in front of her and feeds herself, right?

Playing outside after dinner.

Parker got one of our hammocks (from Brasil) put up today and Jackson thinks it is the best swing ever invented. I forgot how comfortable they are to just lay in... ahhhhhhhh... it makes you want to just fall asleep.

Then we played frisbee for a while.

Another picture for the sake of a picture. I think this would be a pretty cool print! This is our sweet shade tree in the front yard.


Not quite tall enough.

So close.

I pulled it down for him... that was more fun.

Not bad! In case you can't tell, he was running full speed in this picture. I still should have adjusted my settings a little differently, but I was able to follow him pretty well. It's a cool picture.



Who knew a rope could be so much fun?

Sweet little boy

more frisbee



Here come Daddy and Kate after Kate's post-dinner bath. It's always risky bringing Kate outside after a bath... you KNOW she's going to go straight for the dirt and rocks, so you really have to watch. Isn't she SO big?! She is even running now! I'm serious! This girl can move! (She mostly does it to keep up with Jackson.)

These are the cute little moose jammies that Grandma bought for her when we visited Jackson Hole, Wyoming after a family reunion a few weeks ago. So cute! I hope they last her through the winter... you just can't tell with Kate and her growth spurts.



Speaking of facial expressions... Kate is FULL of them!



Kate eating a rock.


Hmm... what should I eat next?

You think I'm kidding? Nope. Absolutely, being 100% truthful. She really does eat the yard.


See? This is a handful of dirt... a favorite of Kate's.

More cute faciel expressions. Kate is such a happy baby. It's pretty rare to catch her without a smile on her face. And she LOVES to laugh; and loves to make us laugh.




Trying to catch her little curls in the back

I actually think this facial expression looks like a Bromley... we found a picture of my Grandma around this age and they looked like they could be twins. Pretty crazy! The only difference was Grandma had brown eyes. Otherwise, their faces were pretty close to identical. I guess we named her appropriately.


This is a very typical "Kate expression"












Jackson was tickling Kate and she was LOVING it! You can see her two bottom teeth in these pictures... they have completely come in. The two top ones are working their way down. She has been a very late teether! (Though it hasn't slowed her down with her appetite and what she can eat.)







Kate eating a flower


Do you want a taste?

Yum, yum!


Score! This didn't last long, but at least for a minute Kate got to "play" with/ hold Jackson's "camera".


She didn't get her hair combed after her bath (Dad's sometimes forget), but she has got some serious little curls in the back... so cute!

It's amazing to me how those little lips can transform into such a huge mouth (when she smiles)



Taste-testing the grass.

Kate found another rock in the dirt and is coming to show me.





I can't remember the really important story he was telling me here... it was important though!

Sweet Jackson smile


swinging in the hammock with the kids. Someday, we would like to take them to Brasil to experience it like we did... who knows if it will ever happen.





I'm not sure why, but we started singing this little diddy (song) that says: "teeter, totter; teeter, totter"... anyway, we were swinging, but the unrelated lyrics didn't bother Jackson or I!


Can you just see the beginning of "teeter" here? I love it!


What a handsome little boy!


Mowing the lawn...



Kate was doing that horse, lip-roll thing and these were the pictures/expressions I got as a result. Pretty funny!



Kate LOVES to play with cars... luckily we have a pretty good collection thanks to her brother.

Playing frisbee with again


Kate attempting to mow the lawn... but the grass was too long and she wasn't quite strong enough to push it through that thick grass.

see?


watching Jackson mow the lawn

2 comments:
They are sooo cute! And I'm totally jealous of your great back yard. Great job with the photography, too!
So I added you to our blog list and am excited to check in on you through your blog. I love all your pictures of your adorable kids. I'm sure you DO get comments everywhere you go about how cute they are - it's true. I especially love the pix of Kate on the park bench - darling!
Post a Comment