Parker's uncle was in charge of their reunion this year. He and his wife decided to have us stay at Flagg Ranch--2 miles from Yellowstone (it says resort, but we were camping in tents... it's a campground), where his dad (Parker's grandpa) grew up and where he eventually met his wife (Parker's grandma). It was fun to hang out, though I wish we could have stayed one more day. (It was a long way to drive in the car for just one day.) The kids and I hadn't been to Yellowstone before so that was a fun place for us to visit/see. Also, Jackson Hole is only about an hour from where we stayed. We drove through it to get to the campsite. On the way back, we stopped to play at a park, walk around downtown and see a little of where Parker was born and spent the first few years of his life. The kids got shirts that say Jackson on them... especially fun for Jackson who was named after Parker's birthplace.
buffalo and the Teton range
The Grand Teton
It's definitely pretty out there. I would move there if it wasn't so expensive and wasn't so far from everything!
Another buffaloI wanted to get a picture of Jackson and Parker in front of the "Jackson" sign, but left my camera in the car while we were walking around and that place is a zoo in the summer time!!! You would think you were in Disneyland or something! I was disappointed, but Parker (who is a natural at looking on the bright side) said, that gives us a good excuse to come back again sometime.







2 comments:
I am going to write on this post instead of every single one :) Looks like you guys had a great time at the family reunions. I love the pictures of course. Kids are getting bigger every time you post a new picture. I need to come down so that the boys can play together. And I should call you so that we can connect on the phone at least!
I just read through the posts about the reunion, and laughed out loud when I came to your remark about Lexie. :) Fun pictures... I need to get around to posting mine...
Post a Comment