Tuesday, May 5, 2009

P-O-T-T-Y training... yep, that's what we're doing for the next 72 hours!

Jackson is going to be potty trained here in 3 days and I can hardly wait. He's taking a nap right now (as is Kate), so I have about 2-3 hours to do some laundry, get dinner organized for tonight and blog about our adventure so far. (He turned 2 years old on December 31st, 2008 and we're ready to be back to changing just one child's diaper... so he's on to big boy underwear!)
I have other pictures to post from our trip to Seattle and cute "Tate" as Jackson calls her, but I want to make sure to get a few up of "potty training adventures" before I get interrupted.
We have gone through 14 pair of underwear so far and counting (notice the different underwear in each picture)... however, he has gone in his potty chair 3 times so far this morning... not bad! He's really starting to get the hang of knowing when he's about to go and calling for me.
Now, we just need to work on getting him to start moving toward the bathroom on his own. We will see how he does when he wakes up from his nap.
So many exciting things happening around our house right now!

1 comment:

Melonee said...

Good luck! I'm impressed that you have so many pairs of underwear!! Your little guy is about a month older than mine and I'm getting ready to tackle the same thing, but I haven't been able to find the motivation... maybe because I only have him in diapers? I think two in diapers would be a good motivation! Cooper has been pooping in the toilet off and on for a few months, but seems to have no idea about going pee. I'm planning to do the stay-at-home potty training thing like you are. I'll be watching for your updates!!