
This is the district (group) he spent months with in the MTC (Missionary Training Center) learning as much as they could of how to teach the Gospel in Albanian. Isn't it beautiful there?!

In front of Lady Albania. Oh, this brings back so many memories and I almost physically ache as I think about the incredible experiences I had in Brasil and how I didn't want it to end. Raising children is the only thing I have yet experienced that can compare at all to being a full-time missionary for the Lord. There is a power that we are allowed to have that is indescribable. In these last days, this certainly is a message of urgency. Reminds me of the Standard of Truth...
“Our missionaries are going forth to different nations . . . the Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.”
If you or anyone you know is interested in learning about this great message, let me know. I will feel terrible if the day comes when one of my friends or colleagues comes to me and says, I wish you would have shared what you knew with me. I would love to. There is nothing more comforting or reassuring or that brings more peace to our lives than understanding the basic Gospel truths.
We have a Heavenly Father who loves us. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to Earth to live a perfect life--to serve as our example in all things; Christ suffered and atoned for our sins, our sorrows, grief, pain, heartache & so that we may have the power to overcome our own weaknesses. I know that the power of the Atonement is real and the more I learn of my Savior and strengthen my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, my life improves and I am able to put my trust in Them. I know God has a plan for me--for each of us. He knows my name. He knows what I am going through. He knows the things I struggle with and the things I need to improve upon. He also knows my strengths and my potential, better than I do. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have had to be an instrument in His hands. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have that I will live with my family for all eternity through the sealing power of the priesthood and in His holy temple. I am grateful for a living prophet who guides Christ's Church. God has always spoken through His chosen prophet to let His children know what was expected of them and since He is unchanging, He continues to speak through His prophet today, Thomas S. Monson. I am so grateful for the peace I feel when I follow the commandments and live my life the way my Father in Heaven has asked me to. I'm not perfect (not even close), but I'm trying my best to improve little by little and live my life the way Christ lived His. It's not always easy, but it's worth it!








1 comment:
You are so right about having the desire to share the gospel! I so wanted to serve a mission, I'm a little jealous of you -but heavenly father had a different plan for me. Anyway, here is my address you most amazing and generous person!
PO Box 904
Pilot Rock, OR 97868
Thank you!!!
and yes, Walmart is the closest store we have, sad to say.
Post a Comment