I looked at the calendar just before MLK weekend and realized it may be a few months before we get back up to Seattle. We will be moving from temporary housing at the end of January, Baby Lucy could possibly be here during the end of February, then everyone will be here when Parker blesses her sometime during the beginning of April... Anyway, I thought, I'm not really tied down right now and not COMPLETELY uncomfortable yet, so I should just go up. However, apparently Parker and I are still honeymooning a little because we don't like to be away from each other, so I left during the week and he came up on the train Friday after work.
It was a great visit. Definitely fun, low-key, lots of quality hanging out and being together. My Mom took these pictures of the kids at Christian's basketball game (which they won... great game... he played awesome-ly!) The kids were pretty good considering they had to just sit for the full hour. However, it was loud and entertaining, so I wasn't completely surprised. Kate got a little fidgety, but it was her naptime.
We (my Mom & I) were also very productive. We spent 2 days cutting out and sewing blankets and patchwork quilts and burp cloths for my cousin who is due with her first baby April 1st... as you can see, she's having a boy. They had shopped for the fabric the week before and asked my Mom to sew it all. We sure accomplished a lot!
Then, Saturday, we tried out a recipe for spudnuts (donuts made with potatoes as a base) I will admit, I wasn't expecting too much. My Mom was really excited about this recipe (I guess my Aunt Gayle used to make these a lot, but I don't remember that). Anyway, they were delish!
Some of our fat-contributing goodness for the evening... my aunt, some cousins & Grandpa came over to hang out with us too
This picture was taken just to send to my sister, who just had a baby boy and couldn't be here to participate with us in consuming these low-fat treats. (My Mom promptly posted this on Facebook to "inform" my sister that she was missing out, but not to worry! She only has extremely "mild" middle child syndrome, so I'm sure this didn't effect her.)Anyway, the trip was perfect! Just what we (especially the kids) needed to get out of the house and have a change of scenery. They got all the attention they were needing too! The boys were SO good to play with them and Kate stuck to Heather like glue... Thanks, Mom for such a fun visit!! Now it's your turn... you can come visit anytime!







1 comment:
ah hahaa...now that I know you're only FOUR hours away...you just might wish you hadn't given me an open invitation! SO, glad you guys made the trip....we had so much fun....FYI: Christian misses your kids so much.....Thanks again for helping with all of my sewing!
Post a Comment