Tuesday, April 21, 2009

B-U-S-Y! (new house...)


This all happened SO fast! I guess when it's meant to be, it's meant to be. (From signing to final agreement = 2 hours, 15 minutes... no kidding. We were shopping in Walmart in the baking aisle, on the phone with the real estate agent trying to bargain with the buyers.) We got a screamin' good deal on this home (purchased for $25K less than the appraised value!) and are really excited to make the necessary changes, move in and enjoy FINALLY living in our very own home (and paying significantly LESS than we are renting our current residence for). This is crazy! Almost surreal. My parents buy homes, not Parker and I. It's like we're real grown ups.




Anyway, here a few pictures of the outside. I want to wait and post the inside pictures AFTER we finish the inside because the before and after pictures should be a pretty incredible contrast! The yard is just shy of 1/4 acre, but as you can see most of the lawn is in the front and side, so we're going to build a little picket fence around the front so I can still let the kids run outside and not have to worry--though the road in front of the house has very low traffic.




Normally I don't talk much about finances, but this was too big of a step in our lives not to post. It's not new (built in 1997) but new to us and the inside will be good as new when we're finished with it! I'm not going to post the address here for obvious reasons. I will send out an e-mail when we close (by May 15) with our new address... toodles!

8 comments:

Arya said...

Does this mean your not going to be my visiting teacher anymore? I really hope you are because I really enjoy when your guys come!!

Arya said...

I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! owning a home is a wonderful journey!!

Melonee said...

Congratulations! What an exciting time for you guys!

Tiffany said...

Yea! I'm glad you posted pictures! And I'm even more excited to see it next time I drive through! :) Good luck with the remodel... hopefully I'll be up there to help you out!

Kylee said...

I can't believe you guys bought a house! That is so crazy and exciting. Love it so far. Can't wait to see the inside. Did you get my email that I sent you awhile ago? We need to talk and catch up. Hopefully you don't hate me! Love you guys!

Tuita Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS! A very exciting change! And how great that you got such a wonderful deal- it probably makes the whole experience even better! Good for you guys!

Brittney said...

That is so awesome! I really want a house but that won't be for a while. It's really gorgeous and we should stop by sometime.

The Perry Family said...

Hooray! How lucky are you guys to have such an easy time of it! Let us know how things go and your new contact info!