Sunday, March 7, 2010

Livin' the Dream... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

Cute kids!!!
Can you believe that Kate & Lucy are actually a few weeks CLOSER in age than Kate & Jackson? It just doesn't look that way to me. Lucy is SO tiny and Kate & Jackson seem SO big!
(They really were being gentle. I think Lucy was not happy that we put her on a cool floor.)
More kisses from Kate
Happy girl!
I'm actually surprised I even got any decent pictures of Kate because it was time for her morning nap--she was SO tired--and this serious look is about all we could get out of her. Somehow I managed to capture a couple of her smiling and laughing.
{ Kate ~ 18 mos. }
Katie has one of those passionate personalities... she is passionate about life. Every emotion is extreme with her. Luckily, she's usually boisterously happy. She is outwardly loving and has no problem letting you know that she cares. Kate just has a way of making people/ everyone feel loved... have I said that too much? She is SUCH a fun little girl... who is starting to show some beginning signs of sass. And she is B-U-S-Y!! Always busy! The trick, I have found, with very busy kids is to spend the good majority of their waking hours actually playing with them or involving them in what I'm doing. We can't get enough of this girl! I LOVE Kate!

We really do spend most of our day laughing with (and at) each other, which is a complete joy as a Mom. I was talking to Parker the other day during his lunch break and explaining what we were doing... lunch, laundry, dishes, building lego towers, lining up cars and crashing them, preparing and eating fake food from the kids' kitchen, coloring pictures of very abstract-looking objects... and giggling. He said lightly, "Just livin' the dream, huh?" That caught my attention. I am totally and completely living my dream. Every dream has come true. I am still head-over-heels in love with Parker and I love, love, love our three kids; each of them very unique in personality, but so much fun!
{ Jackson ~ 3y, 2m }
When did he get so big??
Jackson is such a fun and loving little boy! He has such a soft heart (gets his feelings hurt easily at times) and really is concerned about the happiness of those around him. He has also become quite the conversationalist, asking even the cashier how her day is going so far. Jackson has also hit the make-believe stage full force... it's hilarious to hear the conversations he creates between his inanimate toys, cars, puppies, etc. And to top it off, he is such a great big brother. These girls are really blessed to have Jackson as their older brother. And I am so blessed to have him as the "leader of the pack" because he really is a GREAT helper and a good example... most of the time... he IS 3, so I would be deceitful if I painted a picture that left out the part about throwing fits from time to time and occasionally deliberately disobeying and on a rare occasion being too rough with Kate (ha, ha, ha)... but REALLY, truly he is a pretty good boy. Sadly, I am sometimes too hard on Jackson (have high expectations for him) and am reminded how grateful I am to have HIM in my family during play dates or observing another kid in some public place. I just LOVE Jackson!
{ Lucy ~ 12 days }
more of Lucy... because, why not? We LOVE this little girl!

3 comments:

"MAMMA" Breshears said...

the kids are soooo cute! Love the new outfits!

Kari Cheney said...

Congrats on baby #3. Your family is so adorable!!! I don't know how you do it...I go crazy with just 2 kids!!!

Arya said...

They are growing so fast! I just love seeing your pictures of your growing family! I sure do miss you! I hope your enjoying Eugene. My sister is thinking of moving down there this summer so maybe if I get down there I can see you too!