Thursday, March 11, 2010

Great News!!!

Well, it's great news for me... I will admit, I was a little worried this time around. Still should be, I suppose. But according to the scale I bought at Costco (we've never actually owned a scale to date, but I was worried about Lucy's weight and wanted to monitor and reassure myself), I am within a couple pounds of my "pre-pregnancy weight". I guess Jackson and Kate did a good job of keeping me on my toes. This means that all of my clothes fit, so that's a definite plus.

However, my back just aches for parts of every day. In addition to my absent memory, my stomach muscles are completely shot. Sometimes I remember what I felt like in high school (felt great!) and in comparison I feel like someone ran my body over. I feel really motivated to tone and get back in shape. It's going to be rough since I virtually did nothing after I had Jackson and then after Kate. So many excuses, mostly school, school, and school. Sometimes the weather in La Grande played a leading role in excuse-making... 9 months out of the year, it's either freezing or burning up outside. However, I don't really have any excuses now. Third time's a charm, right? So after 3 kids, I feel like it's time to take some time for me... to get into shape. Of course, I'm sure the kids will be right there along with me. I've never been "a runner" and never enjoyed running, but I'm kind of considering it. I have to do something that the kids can be there for.

Ooh! And I just realized, I'm pretty sure this is my very first post regarding weight and getting in shape. Now, I'm really in the "in crowd"! How exciting! Well, I'm not going to make any follow-up promises or use this as my journal. Maybe if something really exciting comes as a result of my getting back in shape, I'll write again. In the meantime, I just wanted to journal for myself that at least as far as weight in concerned, I am back to where I started.

I should post a picture of my hot self... hmm... I'll have to have Parker take one of me. Wow! That will really be something to look forward to, right? ;-)

1 comment:

Brittney said...

i do pilates....when i feel like it so not much. BUT i did that when i got into the best toned shape of my life! so awesome for building stomach muscles.