
Parker and I decided some time ago that we wanted to go camping over Labor Day weekend. There are a few benefits to working for the government and one of them is definitely lots of paid national holidays (including Labor Day). Basically, any time you don't get your mail, Parker is getting paid to hang out with us! How cool is that? Anyway, we found out after we made our plans that Parker's parents were planning to be there as well. It was a fun weekend and the kids did really well. They slept awesome and had a blast running around, riding on the 4-wheelers, going fishing and eating dirt (well, okay, Kate had fun eating dirt... and whatever else she could get into her grubby little hands).

Here are Parker and Jackson fishing in the little pond.


Jackson thought he was so big reeling the fish in (or weed from the bottom).

Kate did a good job keeping herself busy watching the boys and exploring all of the things offered in the outdoor buffet (aka plants, weeds, dirt, cow poop, etc)

Does she look big to you, or is it just my imagination?

I caught her at a funny time with this picture, but she kept turning around and making cute little faces at me.



Trying out Grandpa's pole to see if they could find more luck than they were having with Jackson's. (Apparently, now that Jackson has fished with this pole, 5 generations of 1st sons have officially fished with it... that's an old pole!)

I wish I had turned my video on for this. The fish was understandably opening and closing its mouth and Jackson was talking to it.

Kate wearing Jackson's cowboy hat. It's way too small for him (meaning it now fits HER perfectly), but when he and I were packing his things for this weekend, he told me he would need it to go fishing. Weird. He remembered though. "Mom, I need my fishing hat," he informed me very seriously just before we rode down to the pond.

She makes a cute little cowgirl, though!

Another one!

The official "Look, Mom! I caught a fish!" picture

I planned to layer Kate as much as possible, knowing full well that this little girl DOES NOT like to sleep with anything on top of her. It got pretty cold, so I got up a couple of times each night to put the blankets back on her. Other than her nose, she actually stayed pretty warm for the most part. What a sweet girl!
1 comment:
so cuuuute! I love the pic of Jackson holding up his "prize catch" !
Post a Comment