Saturday, June 12, 2010

Post Heather's Wedding... so much fun @ Grandma's house!!

Lucy & I just hanging out on the couch... she is starting to hold her own bottle!!!

This was such a sad moment! Heather & Steven met up with us at the park (they were technically honeymooning, but since they needed to collect a few more things before leaving for the airport for good, and since they'll be gone so long, they came to hang out for a while). Eventually it was time for them to go... that means on a plane to leave for 2+ years to Europe (via Virginia for the summer)! It was very hard to say goodbye; lots of tears!

Kate's best friend/aunt--Heather

This may have been the time she feel or the time Miles tore up her "fortune" (from her fortune cookie) that we told her said she would be a princess... can't remember. Maddie dramatically cried, "Now I'll never be a princess!!!" So sad and difficult to be a girl sometimes. When Sarah asked Miles why he tore up Maddie's special paper he said matter-of-factly and with a shrug, "Because I wanted to."

Kate LOVES hats. Poor girl doesn't really have a baseball hat of her own, so she always snags Jackson's or Daddy's.

Jackson being silly

Miles must have thought I was the paparazzi... he was NOT interested in the camera at all... Bo snazzed up this pic for me.

Little Lucy Lu, not so tiny anymore. She's finally growing! Her length has reached the 78th %, weight is now 48th %... head is still below average... weird. Never had a kid with such a small head. I don't think it looks abnormally small in real life, but that's how she measures! Cute little baby!!

Kate loves the swings... I know I've said this before, but truly she may swing all day if someone was willing to push her.



They had this one big swing and all of the kids (especially the older kids) thought this was the coolest swing, so we took turns over and over. Jackson has never been to Disneyland or any amusement park that I can remember, so things like this are about as exciting as Disneyland is to the rest of the kids in our society.

Cute little Chloe just loved the slide!

In order to get a picture of Miles, I would catch him off guard, so keep that in mind... I would call his name and then "snap"

Not bad though, huh?

Maddie on top of "the big tower"

Chloe just doing her own thing... so happily!

My Mom always says Chloe is like a little "mini" and it's so true. We just love Chloe bug!

Bo was a good sport to push Kate for a while... and then some

Lamar pushing Miles... eventually Miles had to set some "height" boundaries for his Daddy, who was a little overzealous in Miles' opinion--cute!

Grandma playing in "the big sand box" with Jackson & Chloe. They just LOVE their Grandma

Parker took Sammy for a swing!

Grandpa with Nico

Tiffany & Lucy

Okay, this picture needs an explanation because it was SO funny! Sarah wanted me to delete this one, but it really goes with a great story and I personally think it's a cute picture, so here it is, on my blog and obviously not deleted. People always tease that birds flying overhead are going to poop on you, but it really happened. So, I'm not a very good story-teller... Lamar grabbed a baby wipe to clean the bird poo off of Sarah... so gross and although she was disgusted, she couldn't stop laughing. Pretty funny!

Grandpa with Nico

Grandpa doesn't get to see Nico and Miles as often as the other grandkids, so he made sure to spend some quality time at the park!

Nico is less than 2 months away from his 1st birthday!

Jackson & Kate on the swings... see what I mean? Who needs Disneyland?

Parker taking Sammy down the slide. Cute little guy experienced a lot of "firsts" thanks to Uncle Parker

So ticklish!

Isn't he just the cutest? Look at that chub!



More of Nico, unlike his big brother, if I was patient, I could get Nico to smile for me.

I was tickling his little leg here... worked like a charm!

Chloe... another kid who is not a fan of the camera, so I just positioned myself and then called her name.

Lamar... so glad he made it safely home after his 3rd tour to the Middle East, most recently to Afghanistan... scary, but so glad to be home at last!

Lucy & Daddy

Jackson & Maddie playing the big sandbox

BFF's for sure!

Miles on top of the tower

Kate making her way to the top of the tower... no fear, just follows the big kids

Bo & Kate

Uh, oh! A little time out for Maddie... even supervised... must have been extra special!

Grandma helping Chloe on the tire swing

Tiffany noticed this and said I really needed to take a picture. At first I didn't understand the significance of the situation. Apparently Tiffany was reminded of herself, swinging all alone and playing with "myself!" because her older, not-so-kind sister was doing her own thing and not including her. Funny story that she still teases me about... darn those home videos!!



Chloe loving the swing!

Maddie & Kate thought it looked like fun too... lucky Grandma!

All those cute little girls just loving their Grandma!

Aren't Grandmas just the best?!



Such a little stud... and as usual soaking up his time at the park!

I told Kate to wait there while I took her picture, but she was already starting to slip. Look how obedient she was trying to hold on while mom got a picture!

So much fun!

2 comments:

"MAMMA" Breshears said...

Ah hah hah ha haha! I LOVE THEM! SOOOO CUTE! Thanks for posting them! YEP! It WAS a sad day *tears* ...we all wiped away tears...darn Heather for finally getting married! (j/K...we're so happy for them!)

Sarah said...

You got some great pics!! Yes, Miles has moved into the "need a bribe to take a picture" phase! Oh that bird poop was so disgusting. haha